Chickpeas are secret all-rounders that are not only super tasty, but also have a lot to offer! The light legumes impress with plenty of benefits and thus gain entry into our healthy kitchen. Let’s start with the most special feature: low in calories and fat, but packed with high-quality proteins and fiber. This makes the chickpea a popular weight loss aid, because we can eat a lot of it and stay full for a long time. Then there are our friends lysine and threonine, which help muscles grow. Not to forget the saponins it contains, which regulate blood sugar levels. And that’s not even all! With a quantity of 150g cooked chickpeas, we cover 50% of the daily requirement of folic acid, which is involved in many important metabolic processes in the body and is known as a vital vitamin. In addition, chickpeas have proven to be an excellent source of iron and calcium. What should we say – we are completely convinced and want to be chee(ie)ky!
Easy Peas(y) – chickpeas recipes
From stews to soups to salads – chickpeas are as versatile as their properties! The classic among them: hummus! And because we think everyone should know the two-minute chickpea classic, we have the right recipe for four people for you:
- Wash 1 can of chickpeas (450 ml each) in a sieve drain
- Peel 2 cloves of garlic
- Put the chickpeas and garlic with the juice of one lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons of tahini
- 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil
Put all the ingredients in our bianco di puro high speed blender and mix it up to a creamy mass and season it with salt, pepper and lemon juice. It can be served with flatbreads, falafel, vegetable sticks, baked potatoes and much more. Mhhh. Delicious!
If you like it warmer, you should definitely try our chickpea curry soup! A delicious chickpea recipe for 2-3 people that can be prepared in no time:
- Wash 1 can of chickpeas (450 ml each) in a sieve
- Wash and roughly chop 1 bunch of spring onions and 2 carrots
- Peel 1 piece of ginger (approx. 3cm tall) and a clove of garlic and grate finely
- Pour some coconut oil into the pot and briefly sweat 2 teaspoons of curry, 1 teaspoon of turmeric, 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- Add the leek, carrots, ginger and garlic and sauté briefly
- Add chickpeas and top with 1 liter of vegetable stock, bring to the boil and simmer until everything is soft
- Put the soup in a bianco di puro high speed blender
- Add 150 ml coconut milk and 50 ml lemon juice
Mix everything well and season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy the meal! We look forward to your feedback in the comments!